My Tia Carmen (my mom’s sister) always had an April Fools prank for my mom. I always thought it was funny. She was a fantastic woman that always had my back. She means a lot to me and I miss her a lot. Every April 1st I think about her all day and I will always associate the day with her.
Last year I made a cake for dinner. I was pregnant and I told Matt that all I wanted was cake which was very believable because I craved brownies all the time. I made a chocolate beef cake with beet mash potatoes. It was really good, I will have to recreate it again one day.
This year I told Matt that I had to test recipes for Sebastian’s cake smash. I really do need to do it but I will get to it soon. Today I need to prank Matt. Last night I put google eyes on our oranges and now I’m going to tell him I’m to tired and we will just eat cake for dinner.
I wanted to make it look just like a cake so I baked it in a round cake mold. P. S. if your using the round cakes that detach from the base, put it on top of a cookie tray or you will have a mess to clean. April fools joke on me. :@
I used a nut bag to remove all the juices from the veggies, you can save it and drink it or just discard it like I did. If you skip this step it will be way to watery. Its a must.
I used 100% grass fed butter and heavy cream but you can substitute it for ghee and coconut cream for a dairy free option. I know this makes it not 100% paleo but we can get away with a little dairy here and there and in this dish it really makes a difference.
I kept Matt away from the kitchen by asking him to make a project for Sebastian. I’m so excited to see the end result. He is so talented and he has been so great at helping me out with projects for Sebastian’s first birthday. We have spent about $60 dollars in wood, but if we would of bought the pieces in stores we would of spent more than $600 and he’s work is not only personalized but way nicer.
Happy Pranking Guys!
45 minPrep Time
35 minCook Time
1 hr, 20 Total Time
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 lb crimini mushrooms
- 1 onion
- 3 green onions
- 7 celery stalks
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons coconut flour
- 1 tbsp. paprika
- salt and pepper to taste
- 5 potatoes
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 3 tablespoons butter
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 tablespoon garlic powder
- preheat oven to 350 F
- Add all the veggies in a food processor and process until you have a smooth mix
- Put the mixture in a nut bag and squeeze all the juices out.
- In a large bowl beat the 2 eggs and mix them with the ground beef, then add the veggie mix.
- season and pour on 8" round cake mold.
- Bake for 35 minutes
- Peel and boil the potatoes until tender.
- In a large bowl, smash the potatoes and blend with the heavy cream, butter and seasonings until you get a buttermilk consistency.
- Place the cake in a cake stand and decorate with the "icing"
- You can use food coloring and an icing gun to create nice designs.