Happy Pi Day everyone!!
Last night I was scrolling through Instagram and found out today was Pi Day!
3.1416. I told Matt that we needed to celebrate because this only happens once every thousand years. Every meal we eat today should be a pie. I got all excited and sent him to the grocery store at 9:30 pm while I put the baby to sleep. He got home at 10 (our usual bed time) and we got cooking! It was late and we should of went to bed but I thought this was a once in a lifetime event. I love celebrating everything. I think it makes life a lot more fun but once in a lifetime events are definitely a must!
The sweet potato crust need to bake for 30 minutes and then we cooked the egg mixture for about an hour. We ended up going to bed at 1am and in bed Matt turns to me and said that Pi is technically 3.1415 so we are a year late. I almost killed him!! All that work!! but oh well I always used the rounded number so we are still celebrating. We are both pretty tired today, I am yawning as I write but the pie was amazing worth staying up late.
As I reread what I’ve type I can see all you single people thinking we are super lame, but you’ll have a kid one day and understand.
This reheats really well in the microwave or just pop it in the oven for 20 min.
20 minPrep Time
1 hr, 30 Cook Time
1 hr, 50 Total Time
- 1 large sweet potato
- 12 onion
- 3 green onions
- 3 tomatoes
- bunch of spinach
- 9 eggs
- salt, pepper and paprika to taste
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees F.
- Grate the sweet potato in your food processor. I used the thin setting and small blade. Add the grated potato to a nut bag and squish all the juices out.
- Beat one egg with seasoning then add the sweet potatoes and mix well.
- Grease a 9in pie crust and add the sweet potato covering all the sides and pressing on it. Bake for 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile chop your veggies. Beat the rest of the eggs and season with salt and pepper. Add the veggies to the eggs.
- Once the crust is done, add the egg mixture and bring the oven down to 350 F.
- (I leave the door open while I add the egg mixture so some heat comes out.
- Bake for 50 to 60 minutes.