Last New Years Eve my mother in law said that we should do Salmon cakes for our dinner. I don’t really remember what we ended up doing but we did not do the salmon cakes. This year Facebook memories reminded me about that and I decided this year I would make them. This year we became Paleo so I had to edit the recipe because breading was definitely out of the order.
I am so glad I made them. They turned out 100 times better then I imagined they would. the bell pepper compliments the salmon perfectly. This is a dream recipe. Tops my list. I served the salmon cakes with a simple salad dressed with Primal Kitchen’s new honey mustard vinaigrette and it paired perfectly. I order a lot from ThriveMarket.com and I was expecting my package to arrive on January 4th but it arrived on the 31st so I was lucky to be able to try the new salad dressing earlier then I expected. If you haven’t tried thrivemarket.com I recommend it, I am able to buy a lot of paleo products that my regular grocery stores don’t carry. Also they always give something free. I got the salad dressing free for example.
- 1 orange bell pepper diced
- half white onion diced
- 4 celery stalks diced
- 2 green onions diced
- 2 tablespoons chives diced
- 4 tablespoons parsley diced
- 3 eggs beaten
- .8 lbs wild salmon
- 4 table spoons mayo (I used Primal mayo but you can make your own)
- 1/2 teaspoon mustard powder
- Garlic salt to taste
- fresh ground pepper to taste
- 4 tablespoons coconut flour
- 1 bunch cilantro
- 2 avocados
- 4 tablespoon mayo
- half a lime
- Garlic salt and pepper to taste
- Cook the salmon with garlic salt and pepper. I baked mine 15 min at 350.
- Sauté the onion in avocado oil with garlic salt and pepper until soft, then add the rest of the veggies and cook until they are all soft. Add more garlic salt and pepper.
- Put the veggies in a large glass bowl, add the fresh herbs and the flaked salmon. make sure you remove any bones. add the beaten egg and mustard. mix well. add the mayo and more garlic salt and pepper. Note: seasoning in every stage is better then adding everything at once.
- Add the coconut flour and mix well until all the flour is incorporated. chill for a minimum of 30 min.
- With a 1/4 cup scoop the salmon mixture into a greased non stick baking tray. Cook each side for 12 minutes at 400 degrees.
- Mix all the ingredients in a blender and top your salmon cakes.
You can cut the ingredients in half if you don't want left over sauce. We used it the next morning to top our eggs. It should be eaten within a day or 2 at the max. Remove any brown spots that might appear.